Become a Big
By becoming a mentor you will make a lasting impact on the life of a child.
We’re always looking for people eager to positively impact a child and improve the community at the same time. And right now is no different. Big Brothers are in high demand.
In as little as one hour once a week, you can give a Little the invaluable gift of your friendship. By simply changing his perspective of what the world can offer, you can start changing a life. And sometimes it’s as simple as playing video games, going to a museum, or just hanging out together.
You might think you don't have what it takes to be a mentor or role model, but what our Littles need is just time to have fun with a friend, time to be a kid. The only requirements to be a Big are:
- you have been in the area six months or more,
- you are planning to be in the area for at least 18 months,
- you are 18 (for Site Based Program) or 21 (Community Based Program),
- you have your own vehicle,
- and you can commit to spending one to two hours per week with your Little for at least a year.
Ready to be a Big?
Just fill out our simple online application. After you complete it, a Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada staff member will contact you shortly.
For more information about being a Big, please contact the Enrollment Team at (775) 352-3202.