Kids do better in school when parents are involved in their academic lives.
Bigs can help too, by modeling, encouraging and expressing the importance of education. Help your child/Little get off on the right foot before school starts.
- Teach organizational skills – how to keep track of due dates with a calendar or planner
- Visit your Little’s school together so they are familiar with the layout and location of their classroom and other areas.
- Google the school’s website together to stay informed about upcoming field trips, testing dates and other news
- Help children understand the importance of getting enough sleep and eating breakfast (at home or at school) so they are prepared to learn!
- Encourage regular attendance. If you’re not there, you can’t learn!
Check out more ideas here.